Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I have a problem

My husband would tell you that I have a problem. I suspect that I share this problem with many other moms, preschool teachers, and homeschoolers. My husband would tell you that I can never throw stuff away. I'm sure all of us moms and teachers could form a support group, but instead of helping each other, we would probably just give each other new and wonderful ideas for how to use all the junk we've been holding on to. Like these metal lids....

Bug gets board with baby toys in a hurry. He would much rather help me unload the dishwasher and try to grab every knife he can get his hands on and drop all of my glass plates and bowls on the the tile floor. Now, I may be a relaxed parent when it comes to some things but even for me this seems a little dangerous. So I dug out all of these jar lids that I've been holding on to forever. Paired them with a large magnetic wand and viola! Twenty minutes to unload the washer in peace!

And my husband wanted to throw them out!

3 comments:

  1. This is so great. My 2 year old has never had too much interest in actual toys. I have never seen a magnetic wand like that either. I think I need to make one though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got ours at a store in town called Teacher Heaven, but you may be able to find them on line, I have also sewn magnets in to pieces of felt for various games and that has worked well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you are right...we love that kind of stuff. My husband has gotten to a point now that before he tosses it in the trash/recycling bin he asks me if I could use if for something. :) Thanks for linking up on Trashy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

I am really sorry about the word verification. I have been getting TONS of spam and this is the only way I can get a handle on it. I do love to hear what you have to say and hope that you will still take the time to comment. Thank you.