Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Slap Art

It's not that I'm opposed to paint brushes or nice clean art, but you know...I have a reputation to maintain. When children come to MY house they expect to get messy. They expect to get crazy, so I have no choice but to deliver the mess, or hopes will be dashed and children will leave disappointed. And so, I introduce to you...

Slap Art.

Early this morning Birdy helped me fill two rubber gloves with dried beans. We tied the openings together and we were ready for our mess. When CC arrived we went to the front of the house where I attached two large pieces of paper to the garage door. The girls used their bean filled gloves to slap paint on to their papers. They started slow, unsure if they were really allowed to do what I said they could do, but once they got over their initial worry they really got in to it.


At first I thought about doing this on the easel, but I realized that the force of the blows might send the easel flying around the yard. Even on the garage door, the sound echoed up and down the street every time a slap was made.



Eventually CC gave up her glove and used her own hands. Birdy picked up both gloves and made a double handed assault on her paper.
By the time the girls were done, they had paint every where. We had to use the hose in the front yard to clean off because there was too much paint all over them to make it to the bathroom.
I shared this at...
The Play Academy
It's Playtime at hands on : as we grow

10 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! Yet another reason to LOVE dried beans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I'm your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin@Sense of WonderSeptember 30, 2011 at 9:03 PM

    It was so much fun! Thanks for the comments, they make my day. I'm glad you are enjoying the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, looks fun and messy... our kind of project! I pinned this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristin@Sense of WonderOctober 8, 2011 at 8:00 AM

    Thank you! And thank you so much for stopping by. I love doing BIG art with the kids, and I love it when art can get their whole bodies involved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pinned this great idea! I would be great for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristin@Sense of WonderOctober 9, 2011 at 6:18 AM

    Oh, thanks for the pin! It would be fun for Halloween, with some spooky colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love it if you would link up some of your great ideas on my new Monstrously Creative link party! I'm featuring some great ideas this week, and yours could be next! Come join the party!
    Mandi at BBM

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fun idea! this would be a hit w/kids for sure!!!

    Thanks for sharing on last week's Sunday Showcase. I hope to see you share more of your fun ideas this week.

    Bern
    http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

    ReplyDelete

I am really sorry about the word verification. I have been getting TONS of spam and this is the only way I can get a handle on it. I do love to hear what you have to say and hope that you will still take the time to comment. Thank you.