Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Recycled Thanksgiving Centerpiece

Do you have any clear plastic food containers sitting around? If you are anything like me, You save these handy items. I mean, there is ALWAYS something to do with a clear plastic food container, right?

We had a few of these nice beef jerky containers and I thought Birdy could make something special for the Thanksgiving table with them. Birdy took red and brown tissue paper and cut them in to small pieces and glued them to the outside. Then she glued on silk leaves in fall colors. Finally, I helped her used a paintbrush to cover the whole thing in Modge Podge (Who doesn't love Mod Podge?)


The final product looks great. It is beautiful with a candle inside or filled with fall flowers. And Birdy gets to take pride in her addition to the Thanksgiving table.

1 comment:

  1. I'm writing because I run a sensory site and am looking for great ideas for Thanksgiving. And as any parent, we’re looking for terrific Thanksgiving crafts and ideas for kids with Sensory Processing Disorder and on the Autism Spectrum. Would you add a link to a craft idea or two on our blog? Here's the link to share and get more traffic to your site…

    http://thesensoryspectrumblog.com/2012/11/04/calling-all-bloggers-fun-family-thanksgiving-crafts-ideas-wanted/

    ReplyDelete

I am really sorry about the word verification. I have been getting TONS of spam and this is the only way I can get a handle on it. I do love to hear what you have to say and hope that you will still take the time to comment. Thank you.