Friday, January 13, 2012

Baby Play Friday

 


It's Baby Play Friday folks! It's that time of the week that we focus on activities, articles, tips and advice for babies and toddlers. Last week we began our first Baby Play Friday linky. If you haven't done so yet, please check out these wonderful activities which were linked up last week.

Raising the Cameron Clan shared a week's worth of activities for her little one.


Gratefully Growing in Grace shared ideas for recycling those old pool noodles from last summer.

Lessons Learnt Journal shared a collage activity she did with her toddler using contact paper.

Happy Little Munchkins took an activity she was setting out for her older daughter, and adapted it for her 6 month old baby. Great Idea!

If  you are looking for ideas for your baby or toddler please check out these terrific blogs.

Here is what we were up to this week. We took two ideas and combined them into one very cool art project.





First I found an old shoebox and cut a hole in the front that would be large enough for bug to slip his hand in to. Then I cut slips of paper that were the same size as the box.

I squirted some paint on to the paper and put the lid back on. I let Bug reach inside the box and feel around and mush and squish. He had such a funny look on his face the whole time, as if he were thinking, "What in the world did this woman leave in this box?"

So there you have it. It's a sensory box! No, It's finger painting! No, It's a sensory finger painting box!

If you have been doing something fun with your baby or toddler or if you have written a post that you think parents of babies or toddlers would like to read (like how to make your own baby food, or potty training tips) then I would like to invite you to link up!










 This post has been linked with...



 

5 comments:

  1. Some lovely ideasforbaby play.

    Thanks for invite. I'll add the badge when I'm on t he computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely collection of ideas and such a great theme for a linky! Not long now and I'll be back in the throws of baby-hood and along to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all looking forward to it! And congrats again on little Bean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea for bubs and toddlers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog via At Home with Ali. I'm so glad I did! I have twin 6.5 months olds (developmentally 5.5 months since they were preemie.) I'm excited to try many of the ideas linked here. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am really sorry about the word verification. I have been getting TONS of spam and this is the only way I can get a handle on it. I do love to hear what you have to say and hope that you will still take the time to comment. Thank you.